Algonquin Moose Lodge
The award-winning exclusive Algonquin Moose Lodge offers you wilderness luxury with the charm of old-time Algonquin living. The well-appointed cottages are just the right place for those who wish to escape into serenity and spend quality time cottaging the way it was meant to be – with family, friends, or business associates.
The 31 acre Algonquin Moose Lodge offers several lodging options.
- For a large group (sleeps up to ten people), the brand-new 3,000 square foot Scandinavian Scribe “Off The Grid” log home is the most luxurious accommodations that we offer.
- For two couples, a family of four, or a romantic weekend for two choose “Barbie’s Bunkie” which is the original 560 square foot log home built with logs harvested, by horse, from Algonquin Park’s coniferous forests (founded in 1893).
- The adventurous type will feel right at home staying in “Moose Lodge” which exquisitely highlights the new trend toward Glamping (Glorious Camping).
- “Nanamitagong Tipi” fittingly named after the Aboriginal name given to the nearby town of South River.
- Coming in the summer of 2017, two modern eco friendly shipping containers repurposed as cottages, out in the wilderness.
People come from near and far to catch a glimpse of the moose that can often be found living their lives in peace and harmony at the water’s edge of the glorious lily pond. Life doesn’t get much better than the experiences at Algonquin’s Moose Lodge.